Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Blog post that never was....

So, last fall Brandon 'the Hulk' Holden, Barbed Wire (Barb Charlton), Mike and I did a trip up to Netitishi Point, situated on James Bay from October 28th-November 11th. I never did a post with pics/vids from the trip, so now that I have some time and since I'm heading back up to James Bay in a few weeks I thought I'd start getting myself pumped up by posting about my last trip up this way, and also share with you people some bits and pieces of our trip.

First off, if you want to see the list(s) of what species we saw, check this link out : Ontbirds Post
Within the Ontbirds post, there are links to our ebird checklists, so you can see exactly what we saw.

Below are some 'general' pics of our trip:


Our first view of the Moose River (on the train)

Our first morning in Moosonee, looking towards Moose Factory

Getting our shit together, literally

Lift-off!


The pilot saw a Beluga around here, but I couldn't find it!


Netitishi Point

Brando explaining how high he'll jump, if we find a Great Shearwater! Literally!

At Netitishi looking east towards Hannah Bay

Trouble!

Our cozy quarters. And the 'Hulk' getting angry!

Large sedge meadows were everywhere. This is right after seeing my lifer Gyr!


Big Momma!


Mikey



Hornemann's Hoary Redpoll!


This was just before the Chopper came. It snowed a good 15cm the night before


And here are two videos that I took, followed by a superb 'cap' video....

Brandon made this pretty slick vid here:

No comments:

Post a Comment